THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Saturday, June 19, 2010

NANTUCKET Bake Shop wheh dem mek PATTIE


Yes, it looks like I made some typos in the title of this post but it was my attempt to set the mood for a review of today's visit to the Nantucket Bake Shop, which by all evidence is transplanted in its entirety from Jamaica. Miss Kitty and I went today because we heard that the shop had won an award and a monetary prize and was being graced by a visit from The Pillsbury Doughboy. We were the only people there who were not from Jamaica...oops, I mean I was the only person there not from Jamaica. Anyway we reunited with Leoni who works at the counter and bought a Jamaican spicy beef pattie, Mon, it good, nuh ras. We were told that if we want a really special treat, we need to come back on Monday when they have Coconut bread.

1 comment: