THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Monday, June 7, 2010

Nantucket Humor


I had to come up here. It was not my choice. There is no real local humor. This is what passes for funny here in Nantucket. The first time I heard this one I laughed so hard I fell of my training potty. And no, it was not last week. This is a local yacht race that took place last week. It was a minor subject of discussion at the Wharf Rat Club this morning But I will write about that tomorrow. Wonderful local tradition.

5 comments:

  1. I am going to have to edit these posts more carefully, I meant to say "Fell off" not "fell of" I hope this clears up a lot. The implication is that this joke, "where the Figawi" is so old that I first heard it when I was two years old. Of course i did not fully understand it then even though I was quite precocious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining what you just wrote.
    For awhile there, I wasn't sure whether it was the English fell, or the Norman fell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Roper from Three is Company was not involved in any way

    ReplyDelete
  4. What search ye for, a whale?
    Regards,
    Queequeg

    ReplyDelete