THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Friday, June 18, 2010

PIZZA and a MOVIE



The pizza was good, the movie not so much. If Cameron Diaz were not in it it would have been pointless. We picked up the movie at the automated Red Box at the Stop and Shop for a dollar. While we were walking back to the car we passed a guy from Central America carrying a pizza box. Kitty asked him where he got it. He pointed across the street at a big building with retail on the ground floor and said "Sophie T's, the best pizza on the island." We started the car and drove to Sophie's and ordered a slice of veggie pizza and a meatball sub....and a Sam Adams beer. The small bottle of beer was $5 which is about what a six-pack of the stuff costs at a grocery store but the Pizza and sub were reasonably priced. It's no "Demetrios*" but both tasted good. We were hungry so there is no photo of either because a photo of a slice divided in half with a bite out of it may not make the best blog shot.

I would like to thank notablenibbler.blogspot.com, my "GO TO" girl for food critique worldwide for a "plug" for my blog. I am flattered.

* Demetrios is a greek pizzeria in Sarasota Florida that I have frequented since 1976. My kids went there in baby carriers and the grand kids too. The grand dog has not had the pleasure but she has a limited palate anyhow. I don't think they have Purina Parmagiano.

Now, on to the Movie....A small wooden box arrives on the doorstep of a married couple, who know that opening it will grant them a million dollars and kill someone they don't know. Need I say more? It does bring up an interesting topic that I have toyed with for many years... why do humans think, in every century, that they have discovered the ultimate answers to everything. Remember the story about how they closed the patent office in the late 1800s because "everything that could be invested, has been invented." I will elaborate in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment