THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Monday, June 14, 2010

SONY no BALONEY

I bought a new digital camera before we came up to Nantucket. It is a point and shoot SONY with a special sensor and HD video capabilities. Unfortunately they forgot to mention on the box or in the enclosed literature that the video download ability only works with extra cost software for the MAC. Every other camera I have had has integrated well with iPhoto or included a CD to load the company's software into the computer. SONY had software enclosed but it was ONLY FOR P.C.

I bought a copy of iLife, Apple's bundle of photography software that includes the latest version of iMovie 9. It is supposed to be very capable. It was not very expensive but when you buy a digital camera these days, you would think that a company like SONY would have MAC software particularly since just recently, APPLE passed MICROSOFT in market capitalization and is now the bigger of the two companies, value wise. I usually go out of my way to buy SONY products, but I am going to really explore their products from now on during the return period to make sure they do what they're supposed to. I was a little pressed for time before out trip as my older digital camera crapped out just before we left and I had to buy a new one quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy being able to have my camera with me wherever I go. Sometimes a snapshot of life needs to be taken. I forgive SONY for not doing all they can for MAC users. Their camera captures those moments beautifully.

    ReplyDelete