THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE HE MARCHES TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Haven't a GLUE

Well, actually I do have some NEW GLUE in my crowned tooth...the one that fell out late last night. I called Dr. Mulcahy's office this morning at 8 am and was given an appointment to come in. It is easy to find, it's right next to "Cinco" the latino restaurant on Amelia Drive just south of the Rotary, and across the street from R.J. Miller salon where my wife went yesterday. My wife, the "Kitty" looks beautiful, as always, after her salon visit and she was extremely pleased with her beauty experience. She plans to return regularly while we reside in Nantucket.

After filling out the usual paperwork that one fills out in a health care facility, I was brought back to the dental chair by Irene, a very warm and friendly person who used to live in Florida but on the other side of the state. She is born and bred in Nantucket and came home and now works with Dr. Mulcahy. The doctor was very professional, thorough, and after cleaning off the crown, he mixed up some cement and press fitted my crown back in place. I can't chew on it for a little while so I am having something soft for breakfast.

After all is said and done, Kitty and I both paid about the same for our visits to Amelia Drive. She looks beautiful and I look like the same old guy with a gold capped tooth. But... things look promising aver my visit to the dentist and even though I am no better than I was two days ago, I am worlds better than I was last night at 10pm when the gold nugget popped into my hand and I had one of those "Oh, crap" moments. The Kitty plans to go back to Amelia drive every week, but I hope that the only time I go is to have some spicy latino food at "Cinco." Not that it wasn't a GREAT dental experience, but I am hoping my glueing lasts as long as it did when I first had this crown put in in 1973. That should get me past my expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment